1. Remove burrs, sticks, mud, etc.
2. Pick up horse’s tail; hold tailbone horizontally.
3. Select a pencil thick “icicle” or “dread-lock” of long hair hanging from the bone.
4. Cut it off carefully with a pair of small scissors. Cut at least one “pencil” for a 4-ply braid, 1.5 “pencils” for a 6-ply braid, 2 “pencils” for an 8-ply braid, and 3 “pencils” for a 12-ply braid.
5. Secure removed “ponytail” with a rubber band or tie tightly with string.
6. Coil “pony tail” and place inside a zip-lock bag. Label bag with your name and your horse’s name. If sending hair from multiple horses, place each one’s hair in a separate bag.
7. Contact me at https://swishtails.wordpress.com/contact-me/ for mailing address.
NOTE: Videos are available on You Tube. Try typing in “how to cut horsehair for a bracelet” or something very similar.